I have set "(gamma-correction 2.2)" in the file ".gimp-1.2/gimprc" but
gamma correction isn't
done om my images.

Do anyone have any suggestions ?

I am using gimp version 1.2, gtk+ version 1.2.8 on solaris 7 and 8, cpu
is sparc.
I have all kind of visuals available but the 8 bit Pseudovisual is the
default. Gimp seems to use
a 24-bit TrueColor visual, but not the linear one which is first in
reporting list from the X-server.
(hardware: SUN 10/440 with elite3D-3m)

(gamma-correction 2.2) have never worked for me in any previous version
of gimp (1.0.4 and 1.1.29).
I have tried it on my Linux box also with the same result. On this box
there is only one 24 bit
TrueColor visual available.

Please answer direct to my email as well as to the mailinglist.
Per Grahn                                  E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
National Defense Research Establishment
Div. of Sensor Technology / Dep. of Surveillance Radar
P.O. Box 1165                              Telephone: (+46) 13 378351
S-581 11 Linköping, SWEDEN                 Telefax:   (+46) 13 378488