Hey there.

I wondered if there was any script masters on the list who could help a
gimp script newbie with a (hopefully) simple task.

Since i often need to help one of my friends put a lot of pictures on the
web, i have to spend endless hours of opening picture, resizing to the
proper size and saving again. The task quickly gets rather tedious.

Therefore i would like to have a script i could call from the command
prompt with something like:

  ./resizescript sourcedir/ targetdir/ X Y

where sourcedir is a directory filled with a lot of, say 1600x1200, jpgs
and targetdir is an empty directory. The script should then use gimp to
place copies of the pics resized to XxY in targetdir

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Thomas