Dominic Knight wrote:

> Did you sink or swim ?

Glup.

Ok, ok. The ./configurew ent ok, except it coughed up it was missing
Perl stuff. I the put in the perl gimp lib and it complianed I had the
wrong version of perl. I that point I banged my head on the wall a couple
times and noticed I was getting the same satisfaction there as I was
building Gimp. So I went and dl it from Ximian. Compiled against potato,
woody, and sid (sounds like a law firm for Walt Disney), it works great.
I'd still like to compile it, but not at the price of multiple librray
upgrades and breaking my system.

If you know a way, please share. If not, Ximian is thataway.

Jonathan