You need the -dev package (eg. libjpeg-dev)
This package should contain the necessary headers.

- Tal

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 10:00:07PM -0800, bryce wrote:
>     I have gone and compiled gimp 1.2.1... but without jpeg support...
> as i came to find out. So i have been on a mission for god( almost) to
> get jpeg support from gimp. right now i finaly got it to see the
> libjpeg. but when it tries to find jpeglib.h... i get no love. On my
> ppclinux i was able to compile with jpeg support, so i copied from
> there the location of jpeglib (/usr/include) and place jpeglib.h into
> /usr/include... still nothing. I'm stuck worse than a 3 year old with
> chinese finger cuffs.
> Does anyone, anybody, know the answer to this problem...
> thanx in advance,
> bryce

|                       Tal Danzig |      Libranet Linux      |
|                 [EMAIL PROTECTED] |     The TOP Desktop!     |
| | |

Beneath the rule of men entirely great, the pen is mightier than the sword.
        -- Edward G Bulwer