Jonathan Gift wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the cal 2001 command I can get the year's calendar displayed on a
> terminal or shot to a file. Q: How can I use that as background, as in
> paste?

I'm not sure I understand, but you could redirect the output of the cal
command to a file, then use the ascii to image layer plugin to read in
the file you created.

Is that what you're trying to do?

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein