See the following excerpt of the GNU GPL v3 license that GIMP uses:

“When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our
General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to
distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you
receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the
software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do
these things.”

Like Pat said, while shady, it is still permissible. And I’m noticing people
have already pointed out that it is indeed free online and have linked to it as
well. It couldn’t hurt to add additional comments just to make sure people are
aware of it.

——
Kasim Ahmić