Alex Power ( wrote:
> Hi ive been having trouble with gimp because I am making collages and when
> i paste the free select it turns into what looks like cartoon and i dont
> know how to get rid of it and ive tried everything!!

Please note that the gimp-web list is used for discussing the gimp web
site. Your question is more suited for the gimp-user list.

However, it seems that the image you're pasting content in is in indexed
mode and is limited to a specific color palette (probably because you
opened a GIF file). Change its mode to RGB.