On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Hadar Weiss wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm Hadar Weiss, author of Sharefest. Sharefest is an open source project
> for P2P filesharing. Web-based Bittorrent if you wish. We want to deliver
> open source software for free and feature GIMP in our site to let people
> download it. To make it more efficient and fast to download, it will be
> helpful if you include link to Sharefest from GIMP.org.
> Here's our download page for the windows installer
> https://www.sharefest.me/ec90ce95 (which can also be embedded in an Iframe
> if you wish).

What goes below is just my personal opinion.

While I'm thankful to people who host downloads (and that's including
you), I think it's a bad practice to add links to arbitrary websites.
If everyone starts asking us to add links to their websites just
because they host downloads, we'll have to invent policies, then make
these policies more and more complex, and that is going to open a
whole new can of worms.

Imagine a security breach on one of them, and we recommended it?
Or coming up with decisions who deserves a link and who doesn't?

Again, that's only my personal opinion.