Hi Pat, and all,

thanks for understanding :-)

Regarding a static site, I'm not entirely sure Drupal can be mirrored
easily, but I've started a mirroring process and will have a look at the
result tomorrow (it's taking a while...). I'll keep you posted.

cheers

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Pat David <patda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ingo!
>
> I'm CC'ing the list as your email came in off-list.
>
> I completely understand, and was somewhat aware that you were winding
> things down. :)
>
> At the moment, I was wondering if there would be a way to 'freeze' the
> current state of the registry as a static site, and to leave it in place
> for the time being?  This way the registry itself can stay online (though
> not-functional for dynamic use), until we can find a new
> home/leader/implementation that makes the most sense moving forward.
>
> I know there was some discussion around how best to utilize it moving
> forward, and I have some thoughts around this that I'll detail in a later
> email.
>
> For now, I will go investigate what might be required to generate a static
> site to de-couple the registry from Drupal so we can avoid any issues with
> vulnerabilities for the time being.
>
> Oh, and thank you, thank you, thank you for maintaining it for so long! :)
>
> pat
>
> On Thu Nov 13 2014 at 11:09:28 AM Ingo Lütkebohle <iluet...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> unfortunately this is not fixed, yet.
>>
>> As many if you know, I no longer have time to maintain the registry. For
>> a while I was content in just letting it run, but with security problems
>> such as this one, I am uncomfortable doing so any longer.
>>
>> If a responsible someone else (or a group) could host and maintain the
>> site, I'd be happy to hand it over. Alternatively, I could also give
>> someone just the plugin files and meta-data, for import into another site.
>>
>> If nobody steps up within the next few weeks, I think I will have to shut
>> it down, as sad as that would make me. I would keep the data around for
>> later recovery, however.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Ingo
>> Am 30.10.2014 20:51 schrieb "Pat David" <patda...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> https://www.drupal.org/SA-CORE-2014-005
>>>
>>> I am wondering if registry.gimp.org should be updated and/or taken
>>> offline
>>> until an upgrade or alternate solution is in place?
>>>
>>> --
>>> pat david
>>> http://blog.patdavid.net

Ingo Lütkebohle, Dr.-Ing.

PGP Fingerprint 3187 4DEC 47E6 1B1E 6F4F  57D4 CD90 C164 34AD CE5B