John,

I'm deliberately replying on-list again in case you accidentally
removed gimp-web@, especially since you do want Pat to read your
emails :)

Development page has not been updated in a long time indeed, but it
doesn't really mean much. We maintain the wiki which currently has
information for new developers. We will have to think about porting
the Development section of the website to the new instance.

Patrick David is the primary person in charge of the new website, he
knows more than anyone else what kind of help he needs.

Alex