I just finished building a site that had many of the same features.
Http://blenderstorm.tuxfamily.org check it out and tell me what you think.
It was supposed to be a site for feature requests for Blender. It does have
a forum though.

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015, Pat David <patda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm actually sort of leaning towards the idea of possibly using a
discourse instance as a replacement for the registry. It would serve the
dual purpose of incorporating a forum/comment system that we could use on
the site as well (if we were so inclined).

> Honestly, the existing functionality of the registry was pretty much
exactly this. I'll expand on my rationale a little later.

> I'm personally not so sure that a Wordpress infrastructure would be the
most appropriate (but would be happy to hear thoughts around it).