Hi,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Adonay Felipe Nogueira
<adf...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> According to:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/floss-and-foss.en.html
>
> "Free/Libre" doesn't make "Open Source" redundant. FOSS can cause
> confusion, although most people believe it's a neutral term. FLOSS
> doesn't cause confusion, and is a neutral term.
>
> FOSS can cause confusion because it can mean one of the following:
>
> a) "Free" is about gratis.
>
> b) "Open source" is the same as "free".
>
> There is other possibility besides what was suggested in this patch: To
> use "Free/Libre Software" and remove "Free & Open Source Software"

Free and Open Source Software sounds much better then Free/Libre Software.

Free in some peoples mind can be free to use but not freedom. I think
the open source term helps people understand that they can get the
source code.

Freedom Software haha.

Cheers,

William.