Hello!

If they are providing the source code and appropriate license attributions,
this shouldn't be a problem (though it is kind of shady).

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/blob/master/COPYING

It might make sense to call them out on the comments and point to
www.gimp.org to make sure people realize it's free to download! :)

pat

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 10:07 AM MissCancellous via gimp-web-list <
gimp-web-list@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi, all, I am pretty sure I am at the wrong address but frankly could not
> find anyone better to contact from the available list. Just wanted to let
> you know that you free!! and amazing Software 😊  is being sold on Ebay.
>

> https://www.ebay.de/itm/Photo-Editing-Software-2018-Photoshop-CS5-CS6-Compatible-PC-Windows-10-8-7-Vista/252053886458?hash=item3aaf9515fa:g:Bl4AAOSwUMxaAHwJ
>
> Not cool. Don’t know if you can and want to complain to Ebay about this or
> not, just wanted to let you know.
>
> All the best and thanks for the awesome work!
>
> Cara
>
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC