> I've run a similar test. I turned down the input faders all the way and
> recorded a 32-bit WAV file of about 5 seconds. I then ran the
> Analyze->Statistics function in CEP, which showed an average RMS level of
> about -101.5 db for the file. Very impressive.

I also did a test or two, the results are up on my web page:

http://www.nsdev.org/gina.shtml

The tests placed the GINA in the top ranking in the sound-card
category.

I imagine your -60db noise floor was because the AutoTrim was done on
something that had very little signal. So it would try to maximize the
noise. Not a good thing. I'd suggest hooking up a nice loud signal, a
hot microphone preamp, or a VCR output, and then do an
autotrim. You'll get a really nice signal to noise ratio.

Cheers.

-Neal

--
+-------- Neal Sanche +----+ [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ] +------ ICQ 5516171 ------+
 It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is