>Here's the problem. When I record from my CD player--(analog, Tatung CD
>ROM doesn't support DA extraction)--to HD, The recorded track plays back
>slightly slower than the CD player. Perhaps a semitone Give or take a
>few cents. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
>Brazz

Sounds like your audio file is -by whatever means- being saved as a 48 Khz
sample rate and when you play back you are playing back at 44.1Khz.  Sounds
like you are about -1.5 pitch lower and speed is slightly slower right?  If
so then you are recording your file at 48 and playing back at 44.1.  Set
your record sample rate to 44.1 or set your playback rate to 44.1.  I
suggest your set the record rate to 44.1 rather than the playback.

>+-------- Neal Sanche +----+ [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ] +------ ICQ 5516171 ------+
> QOTD:
>       "Do you smell something burning or is it me?"
>               -- Joan of Arc

that's a cute sig,  i like that.

-john pemble
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pubic radio station ktpr   or  didgeridoo player, audio producer &
operations manager             big fan of star wars & star trek

     check out steve roach & roger king's new cd "dust to dust"
          for more information http://www.steveroach.com
               this  cd  is  w a y  c   o     o     l