Hi Gareth...I am using Gina for mixing to a DA-30, MKII dat recorder, then transfer
digitally back to my audio editing sequencer (Cakewalk Pro Audio 7.01),  adding some
mastering...SoundForge, Wavelab...and then back to the DA-30 digital, no problem at
all...I have heard than some older stuff have some differences into how they
implement the S/Pdif configurations...i.e., older DA-30s had such limitations and
one was unable to make digital transfers among the dat recorder and a digital card
but only if removing some internal jumper, very trickiy stuff only to be  handled
with a manual at your side...

In my own case, the dat recorder automatically recognizes 44.1 or 48hz from the
Gina...Perhaps you should check your sampler ?? Just guessing and trying to help....

Alfredo

--
Alfredo Pereira
[EMAIL PROTECTED]