Hi Alfredo

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's a problem with the sampler,
as I've been told by someone else that they had problems using the
S/PDIF I/O for data (rather than audio) transfer too - in fact, it
was this person who suggested doing the the 20bit-16bit file
conversion thing to work around the problem. It's possible that the
Akai S/PDIF implementation is slightly different from the norm,
although as far as I know most people have no problems backing up
data to DAT recorders using the Akai's S/PDIF connections. That's
what makes me think that it must be the Gina at fault.