Why is it that problems with digital audio just appear out of nowhere,
while others seem to fade into the background. Is that Windows 95?

Anyway I am using Gina with Cubase VST and have noticed one channel of
audio sometimes stops playing. I am used to audio just not playing at all,
and needing restarting, but this one is new. If there are 2 channels
recorded only one of them plays, the other is effectively muted. I have
tried changing system buffer settings, but the only fix is restarting
Cubase. Is this a 'loss of contact' with the Gina card? Why only one
channel goes? Would this be fixed with ASIO drivers?