At 08:36 PM 11/29/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I have trouble installing the asio drivers 4.0 for the gina card.
>Installing 3.05 goes perfect.The installation procedure is the same,so
>that can't be the problem(?).
>The minute the drivers are installed(4.0) win 98 crashes.
>It says msgsrv 32.Detail= fatal error in the echogals.drv at
>After rebooting the message.After accepting the error the windows
>screen stays empty.Even ctrl alt del won't work.
>Have to go to the protected mode to reinstall the drivers.Rebooting
>and windows works ok.So i have to install 3.05. to work with the gina.
>Driverversion 3.08 installs but cubase does not recognize it.But
>3.08 is not inportant any more because where is 4.0.
>Is there anyone who can help??
>Ronald Feddema

I wish I could Rondald, but I didn't install 4.0 because the high
likelihood of what happened to you would happen to me.  Every fuckin time
Event puts out the newest driver there are ALWAYS major installation
problems.  You can follow the directions to the letter.  What happens, is
the previous drivers are left in the system so it freaks out.  I think you
actually have to pysically take the Gina card out of the PCI slot, remove
the driver files manually (writing down the file location before ripping
the card of of course), reinstall the card and then install the 4.0 drivers
from that point.

Now the only problem may be is that your reinstalled Gina may be sharing an
IRQ with something else.

Long and short, until I am prepared to do a full Win95/98 reinstall where I
wipe the hd and all I ain't upping the event drivers.  Fortuantely I have
3.05 and they work well with Cubase VST 3.6 and Gina.  Amazing ain't it?

I would like to use the 4.0 and will do so when my 450Mhz comes in around
Feb99.  I also can't reinstall Win95 sucessfully either (from scratch that

Of course step by step instructions that one may be able to copy cut paste
to this list about reinstall Win95 where you copletely wipe the C drive are
always welcome here.

-john pemble

         public radio operations manager
               for ktpr 91.1 fm