At 02:05 PM 10/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>wow, i'm glad i found this list. i just bought a gina card and it seems that
>event tech support is totally awol. i'm having trouble even installing the
>card. if anyone can help it would be most appreciated. also, if you could
>respond to my email below it would be great. it's a little long so ignore it
>if you want to. thanks in advance y'all.
>my system:
>dell xps 600mhz Pentium III (brand new)
>windows 98 (latest ver.)
>BIOS phoenix 6.0 (i think - i'll double check this)
>256mb ram
>diamond tnt2 vid card
>soundblaster live value
>3com 56k voice modem
>3com network card
>installed with office 2000 and some other typical software.
>my problem.
>i ran the echo reporter and everything checked out fine. i install the card
>in an empty slot and after booting up the machine i install a floppy disk
>with the 5.0 drivers on it. the drivers install and right when the card is
>about to be initialized - bam - the system hangs up.
>i removed the drivers using echodel - switched slots - re-installed. same
>i heard that there were problems with compatibility with the 3com modem in
>the new dell systems, so i removed it and started again, this time i
>installed it into pci slot 1. same thing
>i then removed the network card. same thing (i'd been echodel-ing the
>drivers each time.)

wow, you removed the network and the modem card and it was still bad?  it
-gulp- sounds like you might have an incompatiabliity with your monitor
card.  this has happend in a couple cases I've read about onthe PCDAW

Hope you get it working because the Gina card really is wonderful.

>I really don't want to return this card so i'm going to give it another
>shot. If any of you have had similar experinces and have solved them it
>would be awesome to hear about.
>thanks for listening.
KTPR 91.1fm Operations Manager  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
John Pemble has an Internet site,