Hi Dave:

    I have done a small switch to change my soundblaster's spdif or my
Cd's spdif into my Gina, so far I only hear a click hen I change it. But
when I unplug the coax cable and plug it live to another device, even
the Ginas spdif output, I sometimes hear very annoying sounds and hum.
but once I start the other device coming into the Gina's spdif , it sort
of goes away. I'm not sure if this is kind of what you're talking about,
but I don't shut anything down to do this changes.