I think (at least for now) it should only effect routers.  For
example, if I have a setup with three routers we have to now do this
(I hope these drawings come out fine...):

             R -- UML
              | \
              | Subnet
              |       \
        Subnet    R -- UML
              |       /
              |   Subnet
              |  /
              R -- UML

Instead of the more logical:

             R -- UML
               \
           Subnet -- R -- UML
               /
             R  -- UML

(R = Router)
The second version is more accurate to real-world scenarios in general.

Alex