Oops, forgot to CC the mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexis Malozemoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [gini] more errors
To: George Ciobanu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2008/9/27 George Ciobanu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to get the network for the 1.3.7 section to work.
> These are just a couple of the errors I encountered while using GINI:
> Error: 2
> <type 'exceptions.OSError'> Exception in Tk callback
>   Function: <bound method ControlPanel.cleanUp of <__main__.ControlPanel
> instance at 0x8610ccc>> (type: <type 'instancemethod'>)
>   Args: ()
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/share/gbuilder/Pmw/Pmw_1_3/lib/PmwBase.py",
> line 1747, in __call__
>     return apply(self.func, args)
>   File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gbuilder", line 1214, in cleanUp
>     os.unlink(os.path.join(os.getcwd(), shortname))
> <type 'exceptions.OSError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/jeo/test2LANs'

This comes from running "File -> Clean -> Clean up" correct?  I get
this error as well.
I wrote a patch and will post the new file onto the website.

> Starting uml switches...
> Pyro Client Initialized. Using Pyro V3.7
> Starting Switch Switch_1...    Starting Switch Switch_1...    [OK]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 887, in <module>
>     success = startGINI(myGINI, options)
>   File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 37, in startGINI
>     success = createVS(myGINI.switches, options.switchDir)
>   File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 93, in createVS
>     pidIn = open("uswitch.pid", "r")
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uswitch.pid'

I'm still unsure why this is occurring.  But just delete the Switch_*
directories in the gini/data folder, recompile and run and it should
be fine.  I made a potential fix (I haven't been able to recreate the
error yet with the patch) and will load it to the website soon.

> Then the virtual machines themselves had several services not starting.

The UMLs you mean?  What services?

> The
> routers would not work out of nowhere, after perfectly working one run
> before. When I click Stop I always have to kill everything. After a full
> reinstallation of GINI i still get the same errors, even with completely new
> files. Errors out of nowhere.
> I have no idea how to configure a router by hand... there is no
> documentation on that.

What do you mean configure a router by hand?