Hi Sir,

I am trying to send an igmp query from the router to hosts in a subnet. After
bundling up the igmp packet into an ip packet, then invoking

IPOutgoingPacket(out_pkt, dst_ip, igmpPacketLength, 1, IGMP_PROTOCOL);
//{please note that dst_ip is 224.0.0.1, and IGMP_PROTOCOL = 2}

then opening up wireshark, I note that the router uses the arp protocol to send
a broadcast asking for the mac address of a host with IP address 224.0.0.1! I'd
like the router to broadcast the packet in the subnet, and let the interested
hosts pick up the packet.

Thanks

Peter