Thanks. We will try to integrate it into gRouter in the next release I will
do over the weekend.

I assume the virtual machines worked without any problems on x64.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of
Samuel Cormier-Iijima
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:18 AM
Subject: [gini] Patch for grouter segfault on x64 computers

While trying to do part 2 of the assignment for COMP535 on my home computer, I
found out that grouter segfaults on 64-bit machines. The problem is that
pthread_t is typedef'd to unsigned long int which is
64 bits on 64-bit platforms, but grouter stores its thread ids in 32-bit ints.
The attached patch fixes it for me; grouter still segfaults while exiting
(there's a problem with raise(SIGUSR1) in
cli.c) but at least it doesn't stop me from completing the assignment.

The patch is against latest devel branch.

Samuel Cormier-Iijima <>