Maybe it's possible, hard to say what will happen in a year. However, at the same time, porting an application from any of the projects to the another should be shouldn't be too difficult since the Pregel API is relatively simple. However, as I mentioned in my original post, I imagine that Giraph will support non-BSP graph computing models as well in the future (less portable).

Avery