On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks good.  I might suggest adding language to rotate the PMC chair
> annually to spread the responsibility around a bit and increase our
> Bus Number.  Also, I was hoping to have seen Christian a bit more
> during incubation...

Since this resolution is a one-off, I would suggest putting the anual
rotation in the bylaws that will be part of the project's permanent
website. That will make it more visible and easier for the project to
change it itself.

I agree that Christian hasn't been involved while it is in the
incubator. On the other hand, he was heavily involved before it came
to Apache. Looking at the svn logs, the number of commits (not
contributions) per user is:

 148 aching
  47 jghoman
  37 ckunz
  11 claudio
   7 exg
   5 ssc
   4 hyunsik
   3 omalley
   1 kunzchr
   1 jmannix
   1 ekoontz
   1 asuresh

So Christian only has 1 commit at Apache, but he has 37 prior. Given
that level of involvement, I'd rather put him on the Giraph PMC and
let him go emeritis in a few months. What do others think?

-- Owen