On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Aapo Kyrola <akyr...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> The code is still in draft stage, but I attached it.

Cool, thanks.  The best place to usually attach it is to a JIRA ticket which
describes what
the code does, usually.

> it is actually quite optimized code with regards to data serialization etc.
>
> It is just that Giraph currently takes a lot of memory (I guess it is the
> RPC), which makes it difficult
> to run algos like this that cannot use a combiner.

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-28

is tracking some work toward reducing the memory footprint, but it requires
some work on

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-36

before it'll work as well as it can.  Similarly, the RPC (including memory
overhead) is being improved in explorations in

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-12

and

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-37

Watch those spaces for upcoming improvements!

  -jake