Hi guys,

I'm on the site, so now it's really official :)

Two things:

1) I'm very excited to be part of this, I've been extremely impressed
by the work you've done so far and the pace of  this project. Giraph
has been valuable for my work up to know and I'm looking forward to
work on it more.

2) Which brings me to small introduction of myself. I'm from Italy but
I've just started a Phd at the Large-Scale Distributed Systems group
of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. There I work on distributed
processing of social network/interactions (read: complex network).
I've been using Giraph for my previous affiliation (Free University of
Bozen-Bolzano) building a distributed graph traverser for path queries
over RDF (some alpha code is here:
https://github.com/claudiomartella/graffiti, but it's kind of eager of
memory, so I have to extend the language and try a different
approach). Another task I've been designing for Giraph is to implement
graph partitioning through CDC
(http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=1231505) or
another algorithm with same approach (distributed decentralized graph
partitioning/clustering) and see the performance impact on graffiti or
just PR. I'll keep you posted in this one.
At VU I hope to be able to use Giraph for my daily tasks as well.

See you around :)

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm really happy you've assumed more responsibilities for Giraph, Claudio!
> It's been great working with you.
> Avery
> On 11/18/11 9:28 AM, Jake Mannix wrote:
> Congrats and welcome, Claudio, looking forward to more of your
> contributions!
>   -jake
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm very happy to announce we've elected a new committer and PPMC
>> member, Claudio Martella.  It's been great working with Claudio so far
>> and I'm excited to see the community growing so rapidly.  Congrats,
>> Claudio!
>> -Jakob

   Claudio Martella