Thanks Avery,

I am asking questions up front ahead of jumping into the code.

I am looking  at embedded up to cloud scalability.

The  map slot approach hints that performance would be good on multi core
machines compared to alternative graph approaches, is that a reasonable

Do you have any idea of the performance trade off on a single core machine /

Is the single machine support just for debug or could you build an
application upon it.

Could you consider the above question for embedded systems (android  devices
, iphone etc)

Is it PC and up technology or is it able to be configured for reasonable
support on these devices.

I realise this applies to Hadoop as much as Giraph.

Perhaps the answer is in your response of not requiring Hadoop to run, does
this mean there is an alternative or generic persistence model?

If the embedded implementation is a problem, what is required to generate a
back end for this size of device, has there been any thought on this side.