From: Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com<mailto:jake.man...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:01:02 -0600
To: "giraph-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:giraph-user@incubator.apache.org>"
<giraph-user@incubator.apache.org<mailto:giraph-user@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Caching (with LRU or something) strategy in Giraph?

Hi David,

  The *point* of the Pregel architecture (which Giraph is an implementation of)
is that the whole graph is in (distributed) memory.  If you are willing to go
to disk, doing your calculations via MapReduce (possibly talking to a
distributed hashtable of some kind colocated with your hadoop cluster, if it
helps) is the straightforward way to go.

  -jake

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:34 PM, David Garcia