Thanks, Jakob.

I downloaded the source from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/giraph/trunk, built it using
"mvn compile", then issued this command from the base directory (where
pom.xml lives):

$ ./bin/giraph ../giraph-example-shortest-path-with-libs.jar
com.skyboximaging.janus.giraph.example.SkyboxShortestPathsVertex

And I got back this error:

Can't find Giraph jar.

Digging into the contents of ./bin/giraph, it looks like its expecting the
Giraph JAR in lib/ whereas "mvn compile" places it in target/.

Perhaps I shouldn't be compiling from source but using the "regular Giraph
.tar.gz" you mentioned in your email. I couldn't find it referenced from
anywhere on http://incubator.apache.org/giraph/ (but maybe I haven't looked
hard enough).

Thanks,

Shaunak