Hi Giraph community,
I think I followed all of the directions (for a Giraph on a psuedo-cluster),
and it looks like

> mvn clean test -Dprop.mapred.job.tracker=localhost:9001

runs fine. However, I'm new to the Hadoop infrastructure, and have a couple of
questions about getting started with Giraph.

> hadoop jar target/giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
> org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark -e 1 -s 3 -v -V 50 -w 3

gives me the error "java.lang.NullPointerException at at
It looks like some error with configuration?

2) How should I / do I enable the log4j? An appender that writes to the HDFS?
How else could I grep all my logs for errors and things?

3) With regard to Giraph and maven, none of the directions suggested doing
"local overrides." Therefore, why should I expect my Giraph installation to
refer to libraries and configuration in "~/Applications/hadoop or zookeeper"
rather than those in "~.m2/repo?"

4) Why doesn't running maven for Giraph install hadoop along the way (or does

I'd appreciate if you'd help improve my understanding!