Are you submitting this job to a pseudo distributed cluster or a fully
distributed cluster?

Sent from my HTC Inspireā„¢ 4G on AT&T

----- Reply message -----
From: "yavuz gokirmak" <>
To: "" <>
Subject: how to use SimplePageRankVertex
Date: Sat, Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Thank you for advices,

I have a few more questions.

I have created a class named INTPageRankVertex which is similar to
SimplePageRankVertex and generated a jar holding only

Later, try to run with giraph command as below but get classpath errors:

giraph INTPageRankVertex.jar org.test.INTPageRankVertex \
-ip /user/hdfs/pagerankinput/graph.input \
-op /user/hdfs/pagerankoutput/ \
-w 1  \
-if org.test.INTPageRankVertex.INTPageRankVertexInputFormat \
-of org.test.INTPageRankVertex.INTPageRankVertexOutputFormat \

First I get,
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

in bin/giraph user jar is added to classpath on line 58

but CLASSPATH is overwritten on line 87
87.         CLASSPATH=`mvn dependency:build-classpath | grep -v "[INFO]"`

changing line 87 as below solves my first problem. Does this patch is valid?
87.         CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:`mvn dependency:build-classpath | grep -v

After changing line 87 I get a different classpath error:

And I solved this problem by adding below line

Does these patches are necessary or I am doing something wrong while running my

best regards..

On 18 February 2012 18:37, Avery Ching