Yeah, I just saw this. . .bad design from Hadoop.  ArrayWritable doesn't
have default.  This really needs to be fixed. . .I think this is the 2nd
time this has bitten me.  I can't remember all the bugs all the time.

"A Writable for arrays containing instances of a class. The elements of
this writable must all be instances of the same class. If this writable
will be the input for a Reducer, you will need to create a subclass that
sets the value to be of the proper type. For example: public class
IntArrayWritable extends ArrayWritable { public IntArrayWritable() {
super(IntWritable.class); } }"