If I'm understanding your question correctly, when you load the vertex, you'll want to read all the lines of the same vertex id and then construct the vertex with the edges. The edges of the vertex need not be sorted. But the lines of the same vertex id will have to be grouped together so that you can process one vertex at a time. This is the case until something like GIRAPH-155 is completed.

Avery