Hi Avery and Paolo,

On 11 Apr 2012, at 18:37, Avery Ching wrote:

> There is no "preferred way" to represent labeled graphs.  A close example to
> your adjacency list idea is LongDoubleDoubleAdjacencyListVertexInputFormat.

Exactly. Giraph supports labeled Graphs very easily.

My reply is a little bit lat, so you probably already figured out the
following:

The thing you need to do is create your own class which extends HashMapVertex,
and as the third parameter of the <I, V, E, M> signature, you provide a Text
for the edge parameter. No other code is required in that class in order to
use the edge labels then AFAIK.

But you will need to write a VertexInputFormat class to fill the edges when you
parse your input.