I wasn't born in the danger slot but I have never had mumps, even when my
brother and best chum succumbed in 1972.  Should I be afraid, very afraid,
or can I assume some sort of immunity? I had German measles twice, but that
probably means 0 in terms of mumps immunity, even if it is now the same jab.
Also I was wondering about TB - before antibiotics did people recover
spontaneously, or did the people thought to be threatened who didn't
actually die not really have consumption in the first place. I was reading
recently  about consumption in the 18th C, that it was assumed to be a
congenital tendency, rather than contagious, so presumably no steps were
taken to quarantine the afflicted.
Debra