I'm a fan of Kommisar Rex an Austrian Police show (subtitled here) and
they call all women Frau in that.

Susan D
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 5 November 2004 5:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [GO] re Go Mrs Marlow miss Ginty etc

<<I’ve done quite a lot of business travel in Switzerland and France,
and have long since got used to being called “Mrs”, “Madame” or “Frau”
in hotels, which they do as a matter of course, despite my spinsterly
state.  I actually quite like the fact that they call women the same
whether they’re married or not (just like they do men!)  I’m not a fan
of “Ms”, though.
Naomi>>
I seem to remember that Germany actually made it official that Frau
could be used by any adult woman,I don't know if since then [in the
1970s] it has replaced Fraulein . Any one from Germany on the list.AFAIK
there is no equivalent to Ms in Germany or France.
Marguerite