Having seen all the messages on GO about this book, I bought a copy via
abebooks.
The story was charming, and, yes, I too would recommend it to others.

However, I was slightly confused at times as it seemed to be very badly
edited (like the Abbeys are in the 'Children's Press' editions...), even
though I thought I would be safe with a Collins 'seagull' edition (as most
of my Abbeys are 'seagulls').

So *has* it been badly abridged, or is it just Mollie Chappell's style of
writing?

Janice Brown
easily confused <g>
and, as ever, at least a month behind with reading books for BDs (I'm just
finishing 'In the High Valley' now!)