I've read of several cases of women who
lived in Dublin's tenements in the first half of the 20th century (where TB
was endemic) later having chest x-rays and being asked "when did you have
TB?". They hadn't even known they'd contracted and recovered from the
disease,

That happened to my grandmother, who was born into a poor family in 1911 in the Black Country in England. A chest X-ray in the 1990s showed up that she had had TB, and she had no recollection of this. One of her elder sisters, with whom she had shared a bed, had died from TB in about 1920, so my grandmother probably had TB at around the same time, but recovered.

Liz