Pam said:

<<<Trying to keep my voice steady was a major effort at times, but there's no
way I could have faced the amazement of a bunch of 11 y.o. whose teacher was
normally pretty tough!!>>>

Just reading this thread has brought a lump to the throat (hope it's not
mumps)... Badger's Parting Gifts, Daddy, my Daddy, The Silver Sword, the dog
being shot in I Am David, they're all guaranteed to set me off. I'm afraid my
classes had to get used to it. The worst time for me was in assembly, reading
Michael Foreman's War Game. Dunno why I decided to read it, I might have known
what was going to happen in front of 200 children.

Shereen