In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Pat Hanby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

(Does anyone know what a cup of Benger is?)

Benger's food was (still available??) invalid food - powder mixed with
hot milk to make what could be described as a thick milky drink or
rather thin porridge. It was very easily digestible - I think it was
given to babies as well as invalids. Don't know if it's still around - I
remember it in the 60's when my grandmother sometimes had it.

Thanks Pat. I did look on the net but if anyone is still making it, they're not advertising to the on-line community. It sounds absolutely disgusting and I'd definitely prefer the Bovril.
Kate Lambert