Glad to know so many other people get tearful over sad parts of books! I'm another one who gets set off by Beth's death in Good Wives, also Auntie's last letter to Jacynth in Gay Lambert at the CS (never seen the hb yet, so don't know if it's even more tear-inducing there!) But the one that really gets me crying every time has to be Beyond The Rainbow by Christine Marion Fraser - I noticed someone mentioned it a few days ago, so I'm not the only one to know it; anyone who knows it will probably know the scene I mean (so I won't spoil it for everyone else), anyone who doesn't should get hold of it and read it, because it's an amazingly powerful book.

Catriona R.