----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Purkiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 8:04 PM
Subject: [GO] OT Buttiglione

> > Also, on a point of accuracy, he didn't say single mothers were bad
> mothers.  He was using the idea of a single mother and a single father
> getting married as an analogy for something-or-other.  There was an
> implication that both parents might like getting married, but that was

No, he said they were 'not good people'. He has backtracked on some of
his statements on homosexuality though not his (IMO) unsavoury views on
building camps for immigrants but remains firmly convinced of the moral
failings of single mothers (inevitable his views on single fathers
remains unknown). Not someone I really want to have representing the
cause of human rights but then I'm just an arrogant Guardian reader :-).

But this is definitely well-OT so I'll leave you to it.

Nicky