I understand that some right-wingers feel that there are attempts by
Pullman and others on the left to demonize them.

Similarly, some liberals and non-Christians feel that there are
attempts by some right-wingers to demonize them>

I know this is OT, but I'm curious. When I lived in Britain and was active in the church there, more than 10 years ago, the majority of Christians I met were left-wing. They were very critical of the social policies of the then Conservative government. Probably the only sticking points they had with a liberal agenda were the issues of homosexuality and abortion. I don't live there any more, but I understand that many Christians over there were anti-war in Iraq.

Yet here in Australia and obviously in America, it seems that Christians are right-wing. Why is this? Because the revolutionary ideas expressed by Jesus in the New Testament are far from right-wing.

Liz