It must be that 59 million Americans are
stupid, bigoted, benighted fools who just won't LISTEN!>

Well ... When John Howard (the Australian Prime Minister) was returned here a month or so ago with an increased majority, I looked at the election result and at the television programs that top the ratings every week - dumbed down garbage like reality TV and home renovation shows. When the majority of people want to watch garbage like Big Brother and Pop Idol, I don't see how you can expect an intellectual vote.

Liz