Nicky wrote, about my heroine Mrs. Beeton:
> Sorry - misread my source. Mrs B's mother had 4 children by her first
> marriage (Isabella was the eldest and her father died when she was
> four), then 13 by her second marriage. He second husband already had 4
> making a grand total of 21 ! No idea whether any were twins or triplets.
There's the lovely story about Mrs. Beetons' parents.  Papa asked Mama what
all the noise was about.  Her reply was, that is your children and my
children arguing with our children.  No idea how true this is, but I like
Georgie - who has about ten Mrs. Beeton books but wouldn't refuse another.
Wonderful woman.