I second that. It is a very interesting subject, interestingly written about. I have already read some books by E L Haverfield, whom I like a lot, and have several more waiting in a box. I now have an added motive for getting on with them. It is true that you can see changes in her writing over the years and that each book seems appropriate for its time. The sacrifices described in The Luck of Lois, for instance, would seem ridiculous in the much later Meriel's Choice.

Sally wrote
I really enjoyed this, Kate.  When I was doing the background research, it
certainly occurred to me that writers writing later in the twentieth century
were less likely to use illness as a plot device than earlier writers, but
this is a good illustration of it in the work of one author.

-- Barbara Dryden