It would be interesting to compare her with Angela
Brazil, if I knew enough about Brazil. According to The Book, Brazil is 2 years older than Haverfield but I'd always assumed from the style of their writing that she was younger and writing later. Haverfield's first book was published in 1898 and Brazil's in 1904. Was that six-year gap enough to make the difference or did they just happen to have different styles anyway?

And throw Dorothea Moore into the mix as well. Her first book was 1902 which fits neatly between Haverfield and Brazil. Her last book was 1939 which also fits nicely between Haverfield's last in 1938 and Brazil's last in 1945.